Riley and Jemma

Sunday, July 08, 2007

My baby girl is growing up.......... waahhhhh

Yes, Jemma is becoming a big girl. She self weaned this week and we put her into her big bed yesterday to which she settled well. Where has my baby gone? I want another one..... (said of course now that I have forgotten all the sleepless nights and the intense dislike I had of my husband at the time:-) ). Oh well, 2 is a great number. I only have 2 hands to hold their hands... sniffle.. sniffle..

Jemma still has her gumboot fetish and she wears them with anything, including her dresses. Its a battle not worth fighting. I am bound to hate a lot more combinations in the years to come. Her talking has come a long way- she copies everything. She also likes to bring my handcream out to me so she can have some each day... or each hour... her hands will be her best asset.

The top photo has me trying to hold the kids back. Jemma in particular won't stand still long enough for a photo to be taken (and of course our camera is slow) so we have to catch her unawares. They have the same problem with her at childcare. She is too keen to see the end result.

They are proving cheap to entertain these holidays. Going puddle hunting in the gumboots seems to be the highlight of their day. Pity it stopped raining but they are fascinated by the frosts as well and the toy library car is a success too. Kam lent Riley his thunderbird toys while he is away and Riley is in 7th heaven- thunderbirds are go! As is typical, he sleeps with thunderbird 1. He does like to sleep with his various obsessions. We are lucky his obsessions are short and swift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home