Riley and Jemma

Friday, June 20, 2008

Winter is here

The sunny weather of the Gold Coast has quickly been forgotten. The kids got to build a snowman with a downfall but it wasn't as much as last year. We are in winter groove. A lot has been happening here in the last couple of weeks. The story of the car is just too dramatic to tell but has caused us major headaches and will hurt our pocket. Mum may not be able to homeschool as she would like and could be back in the classroom before too long!

Riley's music lessons are going really well. We can't believe he is learning about notes and drawing them and playing them etc.... The yamaha system is really quite effective. Jemma will be starting gymnastics next week at the same time so she will enjoy that. Riley is looking forward to starting school in 6 weeks so we shall see how that goes.

Jemma starts morning kindy with Riley next term for 2 mornings a week. I think she will cope just fine. She has gotten very independent- especially about what clothes she will wear. I bring out 3 choices "I don't like that.. or that..or that.." So she goes to kindy in her singlet (I am not kidding...). Last week it was her togs but we negotiated (yes negotiating with a 2.75year old) that she had to wear tights and a polypro underneath. She usually accompanies this with her gumboots or summer sandals. Her favourite activity is to go through next Summers wardrobe and try it all on. She went to the supermarket the other day in her blue smocked dress (see photo end of last year) and she got so many compliments about how pretty she was that she twirled and preened until her head was too big to get through the door. Now when she puts on a skirt (that is all she will wear other than togs), if it doesn't 'twirl' she tells me that the skirt 'doesn't work'. She has worn her ballerina costume and gumboots to Rileys school class the last 2 weeks. But she doesn't like ANY of her tops at the moment. I have decided to sell some off. The way I figure it is that I don't care what she wears- I will concentrate on the bigger battles........but .......... it is doing my head in!! I presume she is not cold in her singlet.... Below is her chosen outfit- doesn't look as bad as in person. We have dots on the top, tartan skirt, striped tights, gumboots...I have to admit, she is hilarious... when you are not her mother at the frontline of course !!!!


The good news is that she is toilet training. Very few #1 accidents though #2 not so easy.. I am very grateful that she is choosing to train but.. I sort of wish that one of my children could be easily trained in something. I am hoping all my challenges are now and the teenage years will be cruisy for Mum and Dad... yeah right!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home